You are here
Codra urgently requires an International Product Support Engineer / Trainer to help our expanding customer base in the UK and overseas. The role comprises:
- Reporting to the International Operations Manager based in the UK.
- Providing Pre and Post Sales Technical Support and Product Training to our customers.
- Provide office based and on-site technical problem solving with and for our customers.
- Provide pre-sales technical support to the International sales team.
- Assist technically with pre-sales demonstrations.
- Interface directly with the technical teams in France.
- Check technical translations to English for the company’s websites and technical documentation.
- Maintain the company’s information and reporting systems.
- Provide written reports to customers and to management.
- Attending meetings with other team members in the UK and in Paris.
- To take an active role in achieving the company’s targets and its future success.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Having a software or engineering degree or equivalent, plus 3 years or more experience in a technical support environment or similar customer facing role.
- Understand the world of real-time SCADA systems and PLCs.
- Understand object oriented concepts and environments.
- Have an understanding of Visual Basic programming; an ability to understand C# would also be of interest.
- Have an understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems, SQL Server and networking.
- Have an understanding of real-time communications between hardware and software sub-systems.
- Must be able to work as part of a close knit team as well as autonomously.
- Must be able to communicate to all levels in a company in good English, verbally as well as written.
- Must have a dynamic and flexible approach to working for the company.
- Must have a flexible approach to working on a client’s site both here in the UK and to travelling overseas.
- Must be able to take responsibility for a situation and be able to see it through to completion.
- An ability to understand written French will be an advantage.
The successful candidate will command a salary based in line with his / her age, experience and skills. Base salary plus a bonus awarded for training and consultancy on-site at a client’s premises.
The opportunity is to join a dynamic company at the optimum time to build an exciting and indispensable role within the organisation and to grow with the company, contributing to our international success.