You are here
[...] Our quality method, recognized through ISO 9001 certification, enables Codra to:
• Perpetuate our engineering services (projects on a fixed price basis). Today most key accounts require their contractors to have certification.
• Standardize our teams' working methods. This facilitates hand-off of applications by the initial developers, thereby improving our evolutive maintenance capabilities.
• Offer better service to our customers, since our rigorous internal testing procedures allow us to deliver reliable software–from the very first version.
Excerpt from the Codra Quality Manual, Codra
ISO 9001 certification version 2008
For several years we have followed the ISO 9001 standard for projects concerning key accounts such as Areva and its subsidiaries, Alstom, Converteam/Eurotunnel, La Poste, CEA, IRSN, Colgate, EADS S&DE, Renault, Siemens, etc.
Codra engineering services were rewarded ISO 9001 certification for both the 1994 and the 1998 versions. This certificate was extended to the development of the Panorama suite in 2000, and then to all our businesses in 2007.
In December 2009, it was renewed for the 2008 standard (Ref. QUAL/1998/8987d).
Our Quality System is described in both our Quality Manual and in fourteen procedures.
OPC Member (1998)
OPC (OLE for Process Control) is an open interface standard. Based on the specifications for OLE/COM and DCOM technologies, OPC facilitates and standardizes data exchange between process control applications, SCADA and automation systems, field equipment, and even management applications.
We use the latest OPC version, Unified Architecture, which chiefly enables:
- Communications running as a Web service (SOA) and without COM/DCOM (specific to Microsoft),
- Encrypted communications
- Identification systems
Microsoft Gold Partner (1998)
Codra is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner since 1998 and has obtained the company's highest enterprise certification. We have privileged relations with Microsoft and receive the latest technical, marketing, and sales information.
Understanding Microsoft's long-term strategy means we can design long-lasting, innovative solutions specifically tailored to meet our customers' needs. This certification confirms the fact that Codra can intervene on complex and critical enterprise projects requiring the co-existence of current information systems and new technologies.
HP Alliance One (1996)
Codra has become an expert in the use of OpenVMS architectures thanks to:
- Our frequent use of these technologies for over 15 years,
- Our partnership with HP as an HP Alliance One member.
The term R&D covers three activities:
• Basic research is experimental or theoretical work undertaken primarily to acquire new knowledge of the underlying foundation of phenomena and observable facts, without any particular application or use in view.
• Applied research is also original investigation undertaken in order to acquire new knowledge. It is, however, directed primarily towards a specific practical aim or objective.
• Experimental development is systematic work, drawing on existing knowledge gained from research and/or practical experience, which is directed to producing new materials, products or devices, to installing new processes, systems and services, or to improving substantially those already produced or installed.
Frascati Manual, OECD 2002